Saturday 8 March 2014

Planning: Size of the Magazine

I looked at the sizes of the magazines over the internet and magazines at a book store. Generally, most of the magazines of all genre had a similar size, there was not much of a difference. The only difference that followed was that some magazines had more width than height and vice versa. I collected some information to help me decide the size of my magazine.
There are two standard sizes for the magazines approximately.


  • Standard size: 8 x 10
  • Digest size: 5 x 8
Samples of some magazine sizes approximately:
Vogue: 8" x 10"
People Magazine 7" x 10"
GQ: 7" X 10"
Rolling Stone: 8" x 10"

 

 


I wanted to have a general idea about the sizes of all the magazines so I could easily decide the size of
my magazine and to get to know what sizes are preferred mostly by the audience. By having a look at the other magazines including the magazines belonging to my genre I understood what the size my magazine should be. My size of the magazine will be 8" x 10" because this size  according to my opinion is the best size as it is a standard size of various magazines and it balances out the width and the height. If I had kept the width too small than the height and vice versa the magazine would have looked inequitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment