Thursday 6 March 2014

Planning: Name of the Magazine

In order to finalize the name of the magazine I had to find a name which best fit the genre of my magazine. I looked at a lot of  different words which seemed convenient for the magazine. I tried to jumble around with words so that I could come up with an original name. I had to think of a name that would be able to attract the upper and middle class females, the name had to be sophisticated keeping in mind my target audience will not buy a magazine with an unpleasant name. Due, to this reason I tried to come up with original and practical name. When I tried to play around with different words I came up with:
  • Modage: Modern Age
                                              As my magazine's genre is Fashion and its sub genre is Casual Clothes it indirectly represents the modern era in the Fashion industry in an indirect way. This name automatically gives an idea as to what the magazine will be about such as the latest fashion trends.

  • Forefront: Position of great importance
                                                                      Fashion is of great importance and many people acknowledge this fact and what else could be a better name than forefront which in itself explains the position of Fashion in the world.
  • Leading edge: Innovative aspect in a field
                                                                      Fashion itself is about innovation and playing around with different accessories and coming up with your own style statement due to these reasons the name perfectly fits the genre of the magazine.


The name that I have finally selected for my magazine is "Modage' because I think its more captivating as compared to the rest of the two names, and foremost the meaning behind the name will be easily comprehended by the audience effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment