Thursday 17 October 2013

Preliminary Task (Inspiration)


As I mentioned in my earlier post for out preliminary task I have to make a school magazine. Therefore, I decided to make a school fashion magazine. But starting something from scratch always requires inspiration. Therefore, I looked at some existing fashion magazines. For example the cover and contents page. To help me have a better understanding of what a fashion magazine is sure I read fashion magazine often but I have never looked at them from the point of view on how they are made and do all magazine follow certain codes and conventions. The magazines I looked at were Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Glamour and Cosmo Girl and Teen Vogue.
Below is a slideshow of the cover pages of magazines as my inspiration for my own magazine.
Slideshow created on: kizoa.com 


I selected these cover pages because they have interesting color schemes how carefully they have selected the fonts and color schemes for the text, how the main image is still dominant even in the presence of cover lines and main cover lines almost on all sides and foremost importantly they follow the codes and conventions of a magazine. Also he photographs taken are very conventional such as a mid shot, cow boy shot and close up.During my research I came across magazines which really inspired me.

Below is a slideshow of the contents page of magazines as my inspiration for my own magazine.
Slideshow created on: kizoa.com

I am using these as my inspiration because they are easy to navigate through as the photographs are very nicely placed in accordance with the features in the magazine. Not a lot of photographs are used which makes it pleasing to the eye and does not give an effect of crowdedness. 

    


No comments:

Post a Comment