Thursday 10 October 2013

Just the beginning




Who am I? Fasiha Zaheer. My subjects in A levels are Media Studies, Sociology, Psychology and Business Studies. These subjects are related to each other and I hoping they will help me in Media Studies.  I believe in doing something different and creative. I love photography and making videos. Especially, music videos and advertisements. That is because I have taken part in some school competitions before. I love capturing those small moments in life. My inspiration? Are Movies. Genre? My favorite genres are comedy, drama and suspense.

Why Media Studies?

I love photography and movies and I want to learn how to improve my skills. Learn the depth of things. But, that requires me to learn the basics. Moreover, the world in surrounded by media 24/7 and it has a become a broader platform over the years. One of the major reasons I chose to opt for this subject is because it will require me to be creative and use my skills, its not all about the theory but I will get to apply what I have learned practically. This was a major reason I was drawn towards this subject but also my interest in photography and movies as mentioned before. Furthermore, this will give me an edge in the future as I plan onto pursue a career in media.

This is unit one, Foundation Portfolio and I am required to make a media product from a brief for a print or video. We as a whole class have chosen print and will be constructing a magazine.

This is an individual task. My blog posts will be about the process of producing a magazine from scratch. The research, planning and production. In the end I am required to add a perspective in the form of a creative, critical reflection.

Foundation Portfolio: (Magazine)
  • Cover page
  • Contents  
  • Double-page spread

No comments:

Post a Comment