Saturday 26 April 2014

Construction: Double Spread (Content)

The double spread will consist of an interview with the actress/model Soha Ali. Who is a teenage celebrity who has gained popularity after working in Pakistani TV shows and have modeled for some of the local brands in Pakistan and has become the fashion icon for teenagers. She is looked up-to by the youth as an inspiration.

Title: Soha Ali, Famous Fashion Figure

The 18 years old Soha Ali is one of the newest up coming fashion icon. She is young, beautiful, vibrant and not afraid to be who she is. And has already mesmerized us with her looks and attitude towards her modelling career for brands like Cross Roads and Breakout. But fame has touched her feet after her outstanding performance as an actor on the hit Pakistan television show “Kuch Ehsaas” aired on HUM TV. Where she is shown as a young teenager struggling through the life's, ups and downs. We love how she carries her everyday look a pair of ballerina flats, skinny jeans and an edgy top in real life and the looks in the television show.

How did you get started?
I have always loved being in front of the camera since I was a child. I was in a shoot for Lesiure Club when I was 10 I absolutely loved it that was when I wanted to model. As far as my career in acting I have been motivated and encouraged by my family a lot. I took acting classes also because the only acting I have done was in school plays.

So it has been non-stop since then?
Yeah I guess so. Ever since I was I 16 started modelling for smaller brands and from there I am here.

Has Fame changed you?
 I think everyone changes. When you grow old you learn different “things about yourself”. You meet new people, and form different relationships with them. I have just become aware of the world around me and who I am and who I want to be and do.

What you wear everyday, parties and awards is reposted on twitter and Instagram. How do you feel?
Ah! I am happy what I wear is being admired by the girls. All I can say  is                      
“Whatever  you  wear  be confident because that's the key"
I wear what I am comfortable in and I try to be myself. Sure I follow the trends but if I am not comfortable in it I won’t wear it.

Western wear is becoming more popular in teenagers as well as the adults. Whats your opinion? 
Yes it is. Because its more comfortable and one can experiment with their looks. I myself wear western wear more than the traditional clothes, no one likes Clutching to their kameez on a windy day. The Pakistan fashion industry is developing and western wear is being accepted by the society so might as well enjoy it.

Who do you look up to as a fashion Icon?
Someone I love when it comes to fashion is Gwyneth Paltrow. I think she is so classy and sophisticated but still very fierce in a way.

What are you most likely to wear to a party?
A dress or a jump suit will look good too with stellitos. Although,
 “I  respect  those  who have  their  own  sense  of fashion”
Do you feel there are disadvantages of being in the spotlight?
Well, everything has its ups and downs, and same is the case with being in the spotlight.

What are your favourite places to shop?
Mango and Quiz.

 If you had to pick one career acting or modelling?
Acting, even though I have just started and I never thought that I will do it for a living, I enjoy it more I like how it challenges my abilities. I like being challenged.

Anyone from the industry you will like to work with?
A lot of people actually but I would love to work with Sameena Peerzada she is an amazing actor.

Any advice?
Yes as I said before wear what you are comfortable and confident about but do things out of your comfort zone, challenge your self..

No comments:

Post a Comment